Monday, December 17, 2018

Home Again, Home Again

Just trying to keep folks up to date. Lincoln had his second round of chemo, as you read in the previous entry. We are finally back home again at Megans house in Severna Park. His ANC count is going to go down to zero this week and I am terrified of it. We have all made sure to take precautions and I have even sent unnecessary texts to family reminding them that myself and the house have to be a germ-free zone. I guess you can never be TOO careful, right?

Lincoln and I before coming home again
The stay at the hospital went well. I still absolutely hate having to leave for work, but know it is what I need to do. I do feel like I got to participate in some more of the stuff that goes on up at 11S this time though - we made slime in the Great Room, I got to take Lincoln on more car rides, and we got some food from a local burger joint. I know the days he is there while I'm working aren't always so packed with activity and I know there is a lot of time just spent in the room itself, but I really do wish I could be there, even just to sit around.

Making candy canes

Craft time with MomMom
I'm finding that I am growing more sensitive to things. I assume that it may just be the holidays or something of the sort (I never thought it would be this difficult, but not being able to do all the normal Christmas stuff or even just a few of the things I had planned to do with Lincoln this season has gotten to me). I see pictures from last year and it breaks me down. I see my friends doing holiday events and I can't wait until we can do it all again. I don't know - it's just a very strange situation.

Either way, I'm incredibly happy that Little Man gets to spend more time at home in his boat-bed, with all of his toys, his family, and the comforts of the house. We have a few more visits to the hospital coming up before the season is over, so I am sure there will be more updates in the near future.

-Michael

3 comments:

  1. You have all been so brave. Lincoln is so blessed to have so much support, love and prayers. Thinking of all of you.💞 #LINCOLNSTRONG

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys match! I bet he was thrilled. :) I hope you've both been hanging in there. You're the best dad this kid could ask for.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michael you are all doing the best you can in this situation.I can't imagine how hard it must be to leave Lincoln or having to go to work and try to keep your mind on what you are doing,but you do what you have to do. Your whole family (especially Lincoln) are so bravely facing this illness straight on and so strong. God has brought you to it he will bring you through. God Bless

    ReplyDelete