Monday, December 3, 2018

We're Home!

Lincoln riding around in his car, eating a cookie and sporting his new Blippi hat
We did it! We made it home!

We are beyond excited to be home for a few days before Lincoln's next treatment.

It's incredible what being in your own space can do. Lincoln has been struggling with breathing, and the doctors believed the best medicine for him was getting him home where he could play with his toys, be comfortable and move freely. In just two hours he was walking independently all over the house, playing with his toys and breathing well (not normal, but he did well).

With the holidays coming up and his next chemotherapy cycle scheduled for December 12th (it will last five days and he'll be inpatient at Hopkins, hopefully we'll be out after the five days) I was really stressing about Christmas. That the holiday would come and go and we wouldn't get to celebrate it at all. I was overjoyed when Lincoln and I came home and the house had been decorated for Christmas!

Group Photo
Some dear friends of mine surprised us by decorating the house. Poor Bear-me had to deal with my frantic ranting about how important it was that we decorate and that I was going out to get a tree first thing. The whole time he knew it was all under control and gently reassured me it would all get done.

I hope that we don't have anything to report until the 12th when we start our second round of Chemotherapy. Send all the prayers, good thoughts and juju our way so we don't end up at the hospital before then =)

Sending all my love and gratitude to you,

Megan


No comments:

Post a Comment