Friday, December 7, 2018

Hair

So one of the things I knew would eventually come would be the loss of Lincolns hair. There has always been a back and forth about his hair before this between his mother and I (we never could seem to agree on a hair cut for Little Man), but it's pretty sad now knowing that we don't have that option.

Fortunately, Lincoln seems to be taking it in good stride. He mentions the hair he finds on his clothes and on his pillow, but it has yet to seem to really bother him. We have done a good bit to make it not as dreary of a situation - reminding him that he is going to have hair like Daddy, telling him that he wont have to get his hair washed again for a while (he hates that part of bath time), and even let him shave Jeremys head (which started with Daddy helping, but Jeremy was brave enough to let Lincoln go at it solo towards the end).

Lincoln shaving Jeremy's head
All in all, for me, this was one of the parts that I feared the most. I was terrified of watching him lose his hair and destroyed at the idea of my little blonde boy not having his locks anymore, but I will admit, it wasn't as bad as expected. It isn't all off of his head yet, though soon will be, but at least he will match both Jeremy and Daddy, which I think is something he can carry with pride. If it isn't, then I know both Jeremy and I can at least carry with pride the fact that we have a haircut like him. He's the toughest dude around.

-Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment