Tuesday, November 20, 2018

The Sign

The sign is such a sweet gesture from our nurses but I hate it so much. You don't get a sign until they know you're going to stay a while. I really didn't want that sign.

There isn't much new to report, but I can't sleep so I thought I'd blog a bit about our journey so far. It hasn't even been a week and it feels like a lifetime ago when I was innocently driving to Lincoln's pediatrician's office. I wanted to get in before work, hoping to minimize the time I'd need to use and taking advantage of the open office hours from 8 am to 9 am. I was excited about heading to New Orleans for the next few days and hosting a mega Thanksgiving (we were having over 30 people over), I just wanted to be sure my boy was good before I left.

Now, just 5 days later I am wide awake at 3 am thinking about what Lincoln's next few weeks will look like. It has been determined that we will not be leaving until he starts treatment. Hopefully we'll know by Wednesday what type of cancer he has. I've been promised that as soon as we get the report back, I'll be the first to know and we'll start treatment immediately.

Until then, we are working on getting Lincoln up and out of bed, trying to figure out how to create structure and expectations when everything is so new and different, and doing our best to hold it all together.

Again, thank you to all those who have reached out to myself or Michael, we appreciate every kind thought and we have been overwhelmed by how many people are fighting for our boy.

- Megan

5 comments:

  1. Thank you for the updates, Megan! Can’t stop thinking about the little guy either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I put you on our prayer chain for our church. Thanks for doing the blog, that helps us know how to pray. Just know that you are being lifted up in Oregon.
    Hollie
    (Mary Beth's sister)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are in our daily prayers. This is so much more than parents EVER want to endure. Thank you for the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sending unending love and prayers your way. Stay strong Mamma!

    -Angela

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praying for him and all of you.
    -Taylor Thompson

    ReplyDelete