Friday, November 30, 2018

Sleep in heavenly peace

Sleep in heavenly peace sweet boy
I have hesitated to update the blog because it feels like there isn't much to report, but I know there are so many folks who are praying and thinking about our boy so I wanted to make sure I wrote something.

Lincoln completed his first round of chemo like a champ. He didn't have much nausea and in general didn't seem too affected. The doctors say they can tell the chemo is working by looking at his blood work (cells are dying which is indicative of the chemo working). 

We are working on getting up and moving. Physical therapy has been by a few times and we work with them on walking and building up some muscle strength. Bear-me (Jeremy) is Lincoln's personal physical therapist, we practice using our legs and arms to beat Bear-me up - all that training Bear-me put in wrestling is really paying off. 

Lincoln fighting off Bear-me's attempt to steal his cheese balls

Lincoln developed a pretty nasty rash but he seems to be on the mend now. We're not really sure why he got the rash, but I'm glad it's getting better, nothing seemed to help. 

Today he will have what is called an MIBG scan. He will need to be sedated as the scan takes approximately 2 hours and he has to be still the whole time. The current struggle is trying to help him understand why he can't eat or drink. The MIBG scan will show the doctors all the locations that the Neuroblastoma cells are hanging out. In the future these scans will be used to determine where to use radiation therapy, for now, it's more to establish a baseline.

We are still hanging out at Johns Hopkins Children's Hospital. Lincoln is dealing with fluid on the lungs still so until that's under control we won't be able to leave. We're hoping for some good news today, I think getting Lincoln home will help with his recovery. 

Some snuggles with daddy
I am humbled by the outpouring of support Lincoln has received.  He certainly has an army of support behind him. 

I don't think I'm getting any better at getting back to folks that have reached out, but please know that I appreciate everything. These past few weeks have been the worst weeks of my life but I have been comforted by all the kind words, thoughts and gestures. 

-Megan





7 comments:

  1. Thanks for keeping us all informed. I know it can’t be easy posting but know there’s love and prayers for Lincoln and his family that adore him 🙏💕

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the update, praying and keeping you and Lincoln in thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for keeping us posted. I know it cant be easy writing them. Sending thoughts and prayers to Lincoln and your family. Megan if you guys need anything i am here. Don't love far from ur mom and dad. I am here to help ❤ love u guys

    Lauren Whiting

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Megan.. My heart has been with your precious boy from the day I heard the news. I cannot and will not stop praying my hardest for him. Lincoln has so much strength going for him, a strong mother, a strong father and a strong Bear me. Thank you for the updates but know that its ok to be behind on things and its ok to not answer messages because what matters most is spending your time with Lincoln. Lots of love, Alecia xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praying for Lincoln and you and your family ❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  6. I keep Lincoln in my thoughts and prayers daily. Praying for you and your family that God will provide you with rest and love. You are an amazing family and don't worry about posting for us. We will keep praying!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the update Megan. Continued prayers, positive thoughts, and hugs!

    ReplyDelete