Thursday, May 9, 2019

Happy Nurse Appreciation Week!


Like many things since Lincoln’s diagnosis, I never fully appreciated nurses until now. I’m sure I still can’t possibly appreciate all that they do; but I am much more aware of their sacrifice, dedication and passion. 

I can’t let this week go by without acknowledging their impact on Lincoln, myself and our family. The nurses in our life have seen both myself and my son on our worst behaviors and cared for us nonetheless. They have cried with me as we hold my precious boy down for yet another painful or difficult procedure. Nurses have humored me as I try to learn everything they’ve spent years training for in a few short weeks. They have taken the time to understand Lincoln (and me) and care for us in the way we require. 

Their patience with both of us and gentleness as they help me understand has allowed us to both be comfortable at a time and in a place where comfort can be impossible. While I wish I never knew this care, I am so grateful that we have it. 


xoxo,
Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment