Tuesday, February 12, 2019

A Little Encouragement

I know I don't write on this blog as much as Megan does, but I wanted to be sure to put out my thoughts on everything up to this point and to be able to fill people in on some of the things that have been happening.

Lincoln and Megan went to CHOP last week and, as many of you read, ended up staying the night unexpectedly. He came home the next day and is doing great.

The stay that Megan and Lincoln had at CHOP, however, made us question even deeper as to what we wanted to do for the resection surgery. Megan mentioned how impressed she was with the facility and the care that was given and, as a conversation developed around the ideas of which medical philosophy we were going to follow for Lincolns plan, we have decided away from going to New York City for the surgery. We are still between CHOP and Hopkins now for the surgery, and conversations are still happening between us and the hospitals, though we have a good idea as to what it is we want out of it all.

Speaking of change, and the main reason I wanted to write tonight was to share the comparison of the charts in Lincolns abdomen! While I know that the road ahead is still incredibly long and difficult, the little things that feel like victories (such as this) help push you through day to day. I'm in shock at how my boy could play and still be active and such with this thing inside him, and seeing how much it has all changed since November, I'm blown away at the effectiveness of the chemotherapy and find myself slightly more and more hopeful.

November // February

Besides that good news, things are still relatively the same. The fears that come with the future of his treatment still exist. Waiting for the surgery and waiting for the transplant are still incredibly difficult and raise a million questions. It's all still a battle and Lincoln is still fighting as strong as ever.

-Michael


No comments:

Post a Comment